This Web seminar recording includes all audio, video, chat discussion, and actions from the Live presentation.
Access to the recording is available in your Digital Locker after purchase.
Conference Recordings Include:
- Four, 60-minute recorded sessions co-presented by award-winning teachers.
- Handouts (from the forthcoming NCTE book) and PowerPoints
- Extended conversations and resource sharing with conference presenters and a network of participating schools that will share updates as their plans progress.
Session 1: Keynote by Sarah Brown Wessling
Interpreting the Standards: Maintaining the Integrity of the Classroom in Times of Transformation
Session 2: Finding Your Way With the Common Core presented by Anne Gere and Rick Joseph
- Address questions about CCSS ELA standards.
- Align NCTE principles of good teaching with CCSS.
- Discern student learning needs.
- Consider the range of texts and materials that will foster your students’ learning.
Session 3: Contextualizing and Building with the Core Standards presented by Tonya Perry, Mary James, Claire Hardin, and Rod Leonard
- Interact with inspiring teachers who incorporate CCSS into their instruction.
- Consider individualized and whole-class strategies to foster student learning in the CCSS environment.
- Learn to “chart the practice” to connect CCSS and outstanding teaching.
- Employ formative assessment to shape teaching.
Session 4: Developing Planning Strategies presented by Tonya Perry, Mary James, Claire Hardin, and Rod Leonard
- Develop planning strategies for creating units of instruction that:
- keep students at the center
- address CCSS ELA standards
- involve collaboration with colleagues
- employ formative assessment
- integrate NCTE principles of good teaching with CCSS ELA standards
Purchase online if paying by credit card, or call Customer Service at 877-369-6283 with your purchase order number.
Note: Due to the online nature of this product, purchases are nonrefundable.