Talking Points - Green
Whole Language Umbrella (WLU) membership is $25 a year for NCTE members and includes a subscription to Talking Points.
Talking Points (Green) is an online publication and a benefit of WLU membership.
Published in May and October.
Talking Points is a publication of the Whole Language Umbrella, (WLU), and is a benefit of WLU membership. Talking Points helps promote literacy research and the use of whole language instruction in classrooms. It provides a forum for parents, classroom teachers, and researchers to reflect about literacy and learning.
Benefits of WLU Membership
- A subscription to the WLU journal Talking Points as well as online access to all NCTE journals in the archives that are over two years old.
- Discount registration fees to attend the WLU Literacies for All Summer Institute and the NCTE Annual Convention.
- Voting rights in elections for the WLU Executive Board and NCTE offices.
- Access to and discounts on WLU/NCTE books, journals, and meetings.
- Eligibility to make nominations for the WLU Awards.
- Access to online resources and communities maintained by WLU and NCTE.
Subscription fee iincludes membership in WLU*
*Membership in NCTE is a prerequisite for joining WLU. The "nonmember" subscription fee reflects the price for receiving the journal and does not include membership in WLU.