Donate to NCTE
NCTE programs thrive through the rich contributions of time, energy, and resources provided by Council members and those who celebrate their work. Your investment in the future of our profession makes this work possible. NCTE is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All contributions are tax deductible as allowed by law.
NOTE: When you add a donation to your cart, you will be able to adjust your donation amount at checkout.
Why does a donation to NCTE matter?
Many of us know the Council as an organization that provides thoughtful, peer-reviewed journals and books and hosts professional meetings. But there is much more to NCTE than that. NCTE provides a host of services to enrich teacher and student learning, advance research, preserve intellectual freedom, and support educator agency.
Your contributions support:
- Anti-censorship support for schools and teachers alike
- Continued expansion of initiatives like the African American Read-In and the National Day on Writing
- Research funding for studies by member-scholars of provocative professional inquiries and public policy questions relevant to literacy
- Action on pressing issues like the Council’s call for a moratorium on high-stakes testing and advocacy for more professional time devoted to teacher learning and collaboration
- Support for the advancement of diversity in all realms of our profession
- Powerful advocacy for Council positions and values at local, state, and national levels
- Deep mentoring for early career teachers and scholars
- Direct support for student members and those with employment gaps who wish to remain active in the organization
- Ever-widening access to free professional learning resources, videos, and protocols through initiatives like ReadWriteThink
- Celebrations of outstanding student work at all scholastic levels through NCTE awards programs
- Recognition of outstanding teaching practice, scholarship, and writing by NCTE members
- Awards and recognition for those who have given years of thoughtful service to their colleagues through NCTE programs and activities
- Timely news coverage of literacy education trends and events through the INBOX e-newsletter and Council Chronicle
- Ongoing administrative support for the work of NCTE Conferences, Affiliates, and Assemblies