Supporting Students in a Time of Core Standards:K-12 Book Package
The K-12 book package includes four grade-level books focusing on supporting teachers as they plan for the CCSS.
Each book reinforces a focus on student learning by demonstrating ways of addressing the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) while also adhering to NCTE principles of effective teaching.
- Authentic, useful advice from authors who work in real classrooms, with real students;
- An examination of the key features of Common Core State Standards (CCCS) and answers to some common questions they raise;
- Vignettes from individual classrooms that show how teachers have developed their successful practice, complete with examples of student work and other artifacts;
- Helpful visual aids that demonstrate how NCTE principles of effective teaching can align with standards; and
- Suggestions for further professional development for both individual educators and communities of practice.